Friday, April 20, 2012

Simple Thank You

On Saturday night, the University of Maryland College of Ag and Natural Resources held its annual alumni and awards banquet…and presented me with the Outstanding Alumnus award. I am truly grateful for all of the support and the opportunities that I’ve had in my life…and I am keenly aware that I have many many people to thank in my life. Below are the remarks I made in accepting the award (and yes, I kept my speech to the one minute directive I was given!):
I’m here because of the vision, commitment and sacrifices of others. I’m here because 150 years ago, Senator Justin Morrill authored visionary legislation that created our land grant college system. The Morrill Act made higher education more accessible and broadened it to include what was then called the “practical arts” such as agriculture. I’m here because my parents sent a clear message that education is important and made a commitment to support me. I’m here because I’ve had the support of my family who sacrificed our time together to enable me to do the things that have caused you to so graciously honor me. To all, I say a simple and heartfelt thank you.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

    BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete